– 10 game broadcasts in eight languages for listeners nationwide
– SiriusXM NFL Radio, Super Bowl LI Radio, Mad Dog Sports Radio, SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio, SiriusXM Rush and Business Radio channels broadcast live from Houston during Super Bowl Week
– SiriusXM personalities Jenny McCarthy, Craig Ferguson, Joel & Victoria Osteen, Maria Menounos, Sway Calloway, Gary Dell’Abate & Jon Hein will be on Radio Row on Feb. 3
– Lady Gaga’s halftime performance airs live on SiriusXM
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — SiriusXM, the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, today announced its wide-ranging audio coverage for Super Bowl LI, offering multiple live broadcasts of the game in eight languages, a dedicated Super Bowl LI pop up channel, plus an unparalleled mix of sports, entertainment and music programming throughout Super Bowl Week.
On Sunday, February 5 (6:00 pm ET), SiriusXM’s coverage of Super Bowl LI from Houston, TX, will provide listeners with 10 different game broadcasts to choose from:
- New England Patriots team broadcast – Sirius 81 / XM 225 / App 819
- Atlanta Falcons team broadcast – Sirius 82 / XM 82 / App 801
- Westwood One national radio broadcast – Sirius 88 / XM 88 / App 88
- Spanish language broadcast – Sirius 157 / XM 157 / App 157
- Chinese broadcast – Sirius 136 / XM 226 / App 962
- German broadcast – Sirius 145 / XM 227 / App 963
- French broadcast – Sirius 137 / XM 228 / App 964
- Japanese broadcast – Sirius 108 / XM 229 / App 965
- Hungarian broadcast – Sirius 119 / XM 230 / App 966
- Flemish broadcast – Sirius 135 / XM 231 / App 967
All broadcasts of Super Bowl LI will air nationwide on satellite radios, and are also available on the SiriusXM app and at SiriusXM.com for authenticated subscribers with the SiriusXM All-Access package.
During the Pepsi Super Bowl LI Halftime Show, SiriusXM will offer listeners a broadcast of the on-field musical performance by Lady Gaga on SiriusXM Hits 1.
SiriusXM NFL Radio (channel 88) will broadcast live every day from the NFL’s Radio Row in Houston starting today, offering listeners the latest news and expert analysis, plus dozens of interviews daily with players, coaches, league executives and celebrities in town for the event. SiriusXM NFL Radio hosts in Houston will include Gil Brandt, Tim Brown, David Diehl, Pat Kirwan, James Lofton, Jim Miller, Jason Taylor, Erik Coleman, Carl Banks, Kirk Morrison, Bob Papa, Alex Marvez, Bruce Murray and Howard Balzer.
On Saturday, Feb. 4, SiriusXM NFL Radio will have live interviews from the red carpet before the annual NFL Honors event that salutes the top players and performers of the 2016 season, including the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year presented by Nationwide, the AP Most Valuable Player, AP Coach of the Year and more. Listeners will also hear live coverage of the announcement of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2017, plus interviews with the newly elected Hall of Famers.
Several other SiriusXM sports, entertainment and music channels will broadcast from Houston throughout Super Bowl Week, culminating in a showcase day of programming on Friday, February 3.
- Jenny McCarthy will host a special edition of The Jenny McCarthy Show live from Radio Row on Friday at 10:00 am ET/9:00 am CT (SiriusXM Stars, channel 109).
- Craig Ferguson will be on the SiriusXM set to discuss the debut of his upcoming new SiriusXM show, The Craig Ferguson Show, on Friday from Radio Row.
- Joel and Victoria Osteen will tape a special show from Radio Row at noon ET/11:00 am CT on Friday (airs Friday at 5:00 pm ET on Joel Osteen Radio, SiriusXM 128).
- Additionally, on Wednesday, Feb. 1, on Radio Row, Victoria Osteen will host a special edition of her weekly show. Victoria will speak with the mothers and wives of NFL players, who will share the joys and challenges of watching their sons and husbands play the game. (noon ET/11:00 am CT on Joel Osteen Radio, SiriusXM 128)
- Maria Menounos will host her SiriusXM show, Conversations with Maria Menounos, live from Radio Row on Friday (1:00 pm ET/noon CT on SiriusXM Stars, channel 109)
- Sway Calloway will host Sway in the Morning, his daily show on Eminem’s Shade 45 channel, from Radio Row on Friday at 8:00 am ET/7:00 am CT (SiriusXM 45). Sway will also host his show live from the Prospect Park Restaurant at Houston’s Galleria on Thursday at 8:00 am ET/7:00 am CT.
- Gary Dell‘Abate and Jon Hein will host The Howard Stern Wrap Up Show on Howard Stern’s exclusive SiriusXM channel, Howard 100, on Friday at 11:00 am ET/10:00 am CT live from Radio Row.
- SiriusXM’s Business Radio, in collaboration with The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and RISE (The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality), will broadcast a special panel discussion with several current and former NFL players on the rise of athlete activism and the recent examples of high profile players who have spoken out about off the field matters. The show, airing live on Friday from the McCoy Auditorium at Texas Southern University, will be hosted by Wharton professors and Business Radio hosts Ken Shropshire and Scott Rosner with special guests Detroit Lions receiver Anquan Boldin, Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins and New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings. (Friday at 5:00 pm ET/4:00 pm CT on Business Radio Powered by The Wharton School, SiriusXM 111).
- Former NFL All-Pro running back Maurice Jones-Drew will host his SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio show from Radio Row on Friday at 1:00 pm ET/noon CT. (Sirius channel 210, XM channel 87).
Other SiriusXM highlights for Super Bowl Week:
Super Bowl LI Radio launches as a special week long pop-up channel today, Jan. 30 (SiriusXM 134). The channel will curate and present the best programming happening across SiriusXM’s channels on Radio Row during Super Bowl Week with live “listen-ins.” Listeners can tune in to hear all the highlights – the best interviews from Houston, SiriusXM’s sports experts, celebrity specials and more – all in one place. The channel will also feature a broadcast of this year’s game and Lady Gaga’s halftime performance, plus encore broadcasts of Super Bowl 50. Throughout the week, Super Bowl LI Radio will be a valuable source for fans seeking info on the NFL activities happening in Houston, including NFL Experience and GameDay Fan Plaza, and game day specifics on transportation, parking, stadium security and more.
- The channel will feature a Radio Row show hosted by Bernard Edwards, a former U.S. Military member and aspiring broadcaster, airing Wednesday (7:00 pm ET/6:00 pm CT). Bernard’s broadcast is presented in collaboration with FedEx which is working with the USO and its transition programs – helping keep service members connected to family, home and country as they depart the military and find a new path in civilian life. Bernard will break down the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Player of the Year Award finalists and interview some of the players up for the honor.
SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Sports Radio (channel 82) will broadcast live from Radio Row throughout the week, featuring shows hosted by Christopher ‘Mad Dog’ Russo, Adam Schein, Evan Cohen and Mike Babchik, Nicole Zaloumis and Ric Bucher, and Steve Torre.
SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87) will feature a variety of shows on Radio Row from Wednesday through Friday, hosted by Maurice Jones-Drew (Wed., Thurs. & Fri.), as well as experts Mike Dempsey, Bob Harris, John Hansen and Jeff Mans.
SiriusXM NFL Radio and SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio will broadcast several live shows during Super Bowl week from the Genesis display at the NFL Experience in the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.
Covino & Rich, hosted by Steve Covino and Rich Davis on SiriusXM Rush (channel 93), will broadcast from Radio Row and other hotspots around Houston.
Business Radio hosts Ken Shropshire and Scott Rosner will host their show, The Wharton Sports Business Show, live from Radio Row on Thursday at 5:00 pm ET/4:00 pm CT. They will be followed by Wharton Moneyball at 6:00 pm ET/5:00 pm PT, hosted by statistician experts Shane Jensen, Cade Massey and Adi Wyner. (channel 111).
SiriusXM will also launch a limited-run channel dedicated to airing popular songs that rock stadiums and arenas. Starting on Friday, February 3 at 5:00 pm ET and airing through Super Bowl weekend, SiriusXM’s Hair Nation, channel 39, will become SiriusXM’s Stadium Jamz Channel featuring songs to fire up football fans, including Blur’s Song 2, Europe’s The Final Countdown, 2 Unlimited with Get Ready For This, plus well-known tunes by Guns n’ Roses, AC/DC, The White Stripes and more.
As the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, SiriusXM broadcasts every NFL game live nationwide, from the preseason through the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world’s largest radio company measured by revenue and has more than 31.3 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and offers commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment, and a wide-range of Latin music, sports and talk programming. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company and on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM radios and accessories are available from retailers nationwide and online at SiriusXM. SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers through SiriusXM Traffic™, SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic®, NavWeather™. SiriusXM delivers weather, data and information services to aircraft and boats through SiriusXM Aviation, SiriusXM Marine™, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation™, XMWX Weather, and XMWX Marine™. In addition, SiriusXM Music for Business provides commercial-free music to a variety of businesses. SiriusXM holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has approximately 2.8 million subscribers. SiriusXM is also a leading provider of connected vehicles services, giving customers access to a suite of safety, security, and convenience services including automatic crash notification, stolen vehicle recovery assistance, enhanced roadside assistance and turn-by-turn navigation.
To download SiriusXM logos and artwork, visit http://www.siriusxm.com/LogosAndPhotos.
This communication contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as “will likely result,” “are expected to,” “will continue,” “is anticipated,” “estimated,” “believe,” “intend,” “plan,” “projection,” “outlook” or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our substantial competition, which is likely to increase over time; our ability to attract and retain subscribers, which is uncertain; consumer protection laws and their enforcement; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation; the market for music rights, which is changing and subject to uncertainties; our dependence upon the auto industry; general economic conditions; the security of the personal information about our customers; existing or future government laws and regulations could harm our business; failure of our satellites would significantly damage our business; the interruption or failure of our information technology and communications systems; our failure to realize benefits of acquisitions or other strategic initiatives; rapid technological and industry changes; failure of third parties to perform; harmful interference to our service from new and existing wireless operations; our failure to comply with FCC requirements; modifications to our business plan; our indebtedness; our principal stockholder has significant influence over our affairs and over actions requiring stockholder approval and its interests may differ from interests of other holders of our common stock; and impairment of our business by third-party intellectual property rights. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) and available at the SEC’s Internet site (http://www.sec.gov
). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
SOURCE Sirius XM Holdings Inc.